Fall For 26.2
This is your Starting Line
The iconic NYC Marathon is back in the game for the 2021 Fall Marathon lineup so we're excited to announce this year's sellout 18-week Fall Marathon Training Program curated by Olympian John Henwood.
With over a 70% successful PR rate, this is the hands-on, fully customized training program for you to race your best 26.2. Not running NYC? That's okay - with Boston, Chicago, MCM, Philly, and so many more marathons this fall, your coach can adjust this program for your goals (and your race).
- Need to Know:
- Week ZERO starts July 5 with introduction, solo run, and plan distribution.
- Plans can be adjusted for your fall race.
Why Mile High for 26.2?
Now in it's 6th year, our Fall Marathon Training Program has delivered results for hundreds of athletes - many returning year after year. What sets us apart? We give you a personalized program coupled with hands-on coaching and a zero-excuse-full-accountability atmosphere between our group runs and studio classes.
- 📈 Personalized training plan for YOUR best 26.2
- 🤳 Direct coach access throughout your training
- 🎟️ In-studio class package + outdoor run credits
- 💪 Weekly LIVE virtual strength class
- 🎧 On-Demand access for supplemental workouts
💬 Check-ins to hold you accountable and keep you motivated
- Individualized Training Program based on your current abilities and your specific goals
- - 3 Outdoor Runs per Week:
- Monday 7pm @ Noho - East River Track w/ Focus on Strength and Drills
- Thursday 7pm @ Noho - East River Track Session
- Saturday Long Run 8am @ UES - Central Park Long Run with Pacers
- Direct Access to Coaches John & Yusuf for questions on running form and mechanics, race strategy, specific injuries, and/or individual training issues
- Educational Workshops provided by Custom Performance and Racked
- Use of MHRC studio facilities, including showers, lockers and towels for all runs
For more info, check out the FAQs below.
CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE PROCESS AND HOW THE PROGRAM IS GOING TO WORK?
- When you sign up, you will receive a questionnaire that will ask you to provide details, such as your running/race history, your current pace, your goals, history of injuries, what race you’re doing (if not NY), etc. Coach John Henwood will then use this information to craft a training plan that is specifically designed to take you from your current level to the goal you laid out for yourself. As the program progresses, he will continually adjust your training plan to ensure that it is still the right course of action for you. Each week, you will have 3 outdoor runs with the training group— on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Mondays will be mostly dedicated to drills, form and strength, while Thursdays will be dedicated to speed workouts. The Saturday long run varies depending on the miles you will be running that day, as well as the pace you are running. The sessions vary per week, but generally you can think of it this way: on Mondays we get strong, on Thursdays we get fast, and on Saturdays we go the distance and build endurance! On the days you do not have an outdoor run with the group, you will have training to do on your own that is specific to you and your plan.
I’M NOT AN ADVANCED RUNNER... MORE OF A “CASUAL RUNNER,” CAN I STILL DO THE PROGRAM? SHOULD I BE ABLE TO COMPLETE A CERTAIN MILEAGE TO SIGN UP FOR THE PROGRAM?
- This program welcomes runners of all levels! We do not have a base mileage requirement and the program is tailored to your specific level at the time you sign up. You will be sent a questionnaire upon signing up, which will help Coach John Henwood with customizing your personal plan. Keep in mind that as you progress, your goals may change, and he will adjust your plan accordingly.
WHAT PACER TIMES WILL YOU OFFER?
- Our pacers will range up to 11:00 minutes per mile.
WHERE AND WHEN DO THE OUTDOOR RUNS MEET? HOW FAR WILL WE BE RUNNING?
- The runs will take place outdoors three times per week. The Monday and Thursday sessions will leave from our Noho studio at 7 PM and the Saturday long run sessions will leave from our UES studio. Coach John Henwood will send a detailed email in advance of every run, outlining what your session entails, so you will never be taken by surprise and will be able to plan accordingly. Should you miss a session, you can email John who will adjust your plan so that your training is not impacted.
WHAT WILL THE OUTDOOR RUNS BE LIKE?
- You can expect the Monday and Thursday sessions to last for approximately 90 minutes, give or take. Mondays will be mostly dedicated to drills, form and strength, while Thursdays will be dedicated to speed workouts. The Saturday long run varies depending on the miles you will be running that day, as well as the pace you are running. The sessions vary per week, but generally you can think of it this way: on Mondays we get strong, on Thursdays we get fast, and on Saturdays we go the distance and build endurance!
WHAT IF I CAN’T MAKE ONE OF THE OUTDOOR RUNS?
- Should you miss a session, you can email John who will adjust your plan so that your training is not impacted.
I’M NOT RUNNING THE NYC MARATHON, I’M SIGNED UP FOR DIFFERENT FALL MARATHON— DOES THIS MATTER? WILL I STILL BENEFIT FROM THE TRAINING?
- You can absolutely sign up for the program if you are running a fall marathon other than the NYC Marathon. Each year, we have several runners who train with us in preparation for Berlin, Chicago and others. After you sign up for the program, you will receive a questionnaire, in which you can indicate the marathon you are running. Coach John Henwood will adjust your training accordingly and will provide a plan specifically for that race. You can expect your Monday and Thursday sessions to be the same as the NYC Marathon runners (with the exception of a few tweaks, especially when you are approaching the taper). Your Saturday long runs may differ in that you will be increasing mileage sooner than those who are running the NYC Marathon. The short answer: Yes, your training will be customized for your race!
OES THE PROGRAM INCLUDE INDOOR CLASSES?
- While the program does not include indoor classes, you do have access to our facilities where you can change, store your belongings and shower pre and post runs. We have 3 scheduled outdoor runs on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays and once you receive your plan, you will realize that this program is so comprehensive that you will not be in need of additional training support. That said, if you miss a speed session, you might opt to take a class indoors, but you would be required to purchase an indoor class.
I’M NOT VERY FAST, WILL I BE ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH THE GROUP FOR THE OUTDOOR RUNS?
- Our goal is to get you stronger first, and then build the speed, so pace isn’t the primary concern in the early days. We certainly try to accommodate all levels and runners and offer pace groups up through an 11-minute mile— our pacers are really wonderful and will help you along your journey. Plus, you can also be sure that our training plans are formatted in such a way that you will quickly get up to speed!
THIS IS MY FIRST RACE— I’M SCARED!!!
- It is totally natural to be nervous! The choice to run a marathon is an enormous undertaking that requires enormous commitment, strength and courage. That said, we guarantee that we will have you feeling 100% prepared come race day. Once you sign up, you will receive a survey that will help Coach John Henwood to create a customized plan for you. Keep in mind that it is a working plan, and can be adjusted as you progress in the program. Our goal is to get you to the starting line healthy, strong and confident. Come race day, you will be nervous and feel butterflies, but you will also be extremely prepared and ready.
I’M GOING TO BE AWAY THE FIRST WEEK OF THE PROGRAM (OR ON X DATE)— WILL I MISS ANYTHING CRUCIAL?
- Since Coach John Henwood customizes each plan, you will have the opportunity to reach out to him after you have signed up and inform him about your upcoming plans. The plan is created for you to progress on a weekly basis; that said, you will not have heavy mileage the first week, nor will the speed work be too aggressive. Coach John will be available to work with you and provide necessary adjustments to your training. He might recommend that you try to do some training on your own while you are away, but one-week vacation at the start of the training will not be a setback.
I’M SUPER BUSY WITH X AND DON’T HAVE TIME TO COMMIT TO 6 DAYS OF TRAINING EVERY WEEK — CAN YOU ADJUST THE PLAN FOR ME?
- We understand that time is one of the rarest commodities for all of us, but our number one concern is to make sure you show up race day injury-free and 100% prepared. If you are unable to commit to 6 days some weeks, then we can definitely work with that, but if you are unable to commit to 6 days every week, then we would recommend a different program. Note: In total, your training plan will consist of 6 days of training per week. You will have 3 days of scheduled group runs, 3 days of on-your-own work and strength training, and 1 day of recovery.
WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?