NYC OR BUST
Train in-person and make the most of everything Mile High.
No goal is too big or too small. Run Academy's all new 6- and 12-week personalized training that takes you beyond the class so you can make the most of every mile. Connect with your coach and your session-mates and join the growing community of Run Academy runners via shared classes and group meet-ups.
No goal? No problem. Both 6- and 12-week programs will make you a better runner. Period.
- New sessions begin the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month.
- Interested? Take the survey and see which Run Academy is right for you.
What's Run Academy?
To put it simply - run training tailored to your goals. It's personalized training from and with your own run coach, plus a growing community of runners just like you to help motivate and inspire.
- Train to get faster: race goals from 1 mile to full marathon.
- Train to get fitter: find your stride and develop healthy habits.
- - Personalized training plan for YOUR goal
- - Direct coach access throughout your training
- - In-studio class package + outdoor run credits
- - Weekly LIVE virtual strength class
- - On Demand access for supplemental workouts
- - Workouts and coach notes via Vdot02
New sessions start the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month.
WHEN DOES RUN ACADEMY START?
- Run Academy is a growing community of runners - which means it's always running. New sessions begin on the first and third Monday of every month. So whether you're doing Run Academy in-person or virtually, the 6-week or the 12-week, you'll be starting with other awesome athletes.
I LITERALLY JUST STARTED RUNNING YESTERDAY - IS RUN ACADEMY RIGHT FOR ME?
- Yes. And congrats. Run Academy is designed for you - whatever level you're at. So if your goal is to get fitter, start up a healthy lifestyle, or increase your 'walk-run' to a 'run-run', Coach Karli will get you there.
I'M LOOKING TO PR IN MY 5K (AND 10K, AND HALF MARATHON). IS RUN ACADEMY RIGHT FOR ME?
- This program is really for everyone. Whether you are a beginner just getting into the sport or you are running a different race every weekend, you will each be getting your own personalized plans that are customized to your specific level and your specific goals. Utilizing Run Academy's tailored programs alongside Mile High's in-studio classes and group outdoor runs, you will get faster...faster.
WHAT IF I CAN'T MAKE THE WEEKLY VIRTUAL STRENGTH CLASSES?
- Not a problem. If you are unable to make the Virtual Strength Classes live, just give us a heads up and we will send you the recording to do any time that works for you.
I'M NOT IN NYC/I JUST WANT TO DO RUN ACADEMY VIRTUALLY. IS THAT A THING?
- It is. Mile High offers a Virtual-Only Run Academy perfect for people outside of NYC or who aren't ready to return to in-studio classes. Click here to check out the 6-week and 12-week Run Academy programs available now.
AM I ABLE TO TRADE THE VIRTUAL CLASSES/OUTDOOR CLASSES IN FOR INDOOR CLASSES? OR VICE VERSA?
HOW DOES ON DEMAND WORK?
- Once you've signed up for Run Academy you'll be given a complimentary subscription to Mile High On Demand (available on iOS and Android). This is Mile High's own audio-guided running app featuring all the coaches you love, plus Coach Karli's weekly guided runs made specifically for Run Academy. Your complimentary subscription will last the length of your program.
HOW WILL THE 1-ON-1 TRAINING SESSIONS WORK?
- Once you have signed up for the program, Coach Karli will send you a Calendly link where you will be able to select a time to meet with your coach. You will have two 1-on-1 sessions via the 6-week program, and four 1-on-1 sessions via the 12-week program with your coach. Sessions will be 30 minutes.
MY AUNT BECKY AND I SIGNED UP FOR THE PROGRAM TOGETHER. CAN WE DO THE 1-ON-1 TRAINING SESSIONS TOGETHER?
- Sure. You guys can sign up and do all of your 1-on-1s together, just be mindful that you then won't be getting Coach Karli's undivided attention.
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED?
A go-get-em attitude (mostly). Grab your basics for general fitness - think middle school PE but cooler. We recommend having running shoes, mental commitment, light-to-medium weights (water jugs, the 1992 Encyclopedia Britannica, something weighty), and maybe even loop bands. Since everything is dictated by your own fitness level and goals, you choose how intense you want to get!
HOW ARE THE VIRTUAL STRENGTH SESSIONS CONDUCTED?
Via ZOOM. Links will be sent out prior to each virtual session. If you’re not able to make it live (we get it, life exists), everyone will get a link to the recording so you can do it whenevs.
WHAT IF I MISS THE CUTOFF TIME TO SIGN UP?
Early bird gets the worm - or in this case, guaranteed entry into the program they want. Run Academy programs start the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month, but the cutoff for registration is 11:59PM EST the Sunday before. In order to maintain program quality and integrity, runners are not allowed to start the program late for any reason.
WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?