We have some important updates to share with you. Here’s what you need to know:
- Modified Schedule: Starting today, March 14, we are modifying our class schedule across all studios. This schedule is still subject to change as new events/information come to light. Check the Modified Schedule.
- Class Cancellation Policy: To help everyone make smart decisions without fear of losing credits or incurring cancellation fees, we are suspending all late cancellation fees and all loss of credit penalties. But please let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to make class.
- Memberships + Packages: If you are socially distancing yourself and would like to freeze your membership or extend the expiration date of one of your packages, we totally understand. Please reach out to email@example.com and they will be happy to take care of this for you. We appreciate your patience as we try to respond to all inquiries in a timely manner. At this time, we will not be offering refunds. We are a small business and NY rent is expensive, please be understanding.
- Be Nice: Finally, when you come in for class, please be kind to our people— the front desk staff, maintenance crew, and coaches, as well as each other. These are extraordinary times for everyone. We are doing our best to create a safe environment for all and give you a small escape from all that is going on around us.
We’ll get through these times together. Stay well, stay healthy, stay informed, and we'll see you soon.
-The Mile High Team
STEPS WE ARE TAKING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
At Mile High, your health and safety is priority number one - inside the studio and out.
As NYC's concerns of COVID-19 grow, we want to take a moment to not only reassure you of our constant pursuit of healthy runners in NYC and beyond, but also to give you the rundown on some helpful tips and ways to keep yourself (and others) safe.
On top of our standard between-class cleanings, we are increasing the frequency of our midday deep-cleans, thorough disinfecting of hard surfaces and high-traffic areas, and implementing more ways to give the peace of mind you need while you're on the run.
According to a recent New York Times article, "Sweat cannot transmit [CoronaVirus]" but "high-contact surfaces, such as barbells, can pose a problem." For that reason, during this time, all of our Dash classes will include body weight exercises and will not utilize kettle bells.
At all Mile High Run Club studios you can now find more sanitizing products for your own use in high-traffic areas. The front desk and restrooms will all have hand sanitizer pumps, the studios also have antibacterial wipes stocked near the treadmills (check with the front desk for locations).
Like any good team, we ask that you help fight this battle with us in a few simple ways:
- As recommended by the CDC, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds throughout the day (especially before and after classes).
- Fight the urge to wipe your face with your hands or with a towel that has come into contact with the turf or the treadmill belt.
- Not feeling 100%? Not to worry— just let us know you would like to cancel your class and we will help you out with this, just let us know! In the current climate, we are waiving any fees or class loss if it means keeping our runners safe.
- Use the sanitizing wipes for your own treadmill before class and properly dispose of any towels or tissues in the appropriate receptacle.
We're only as strong as the knowledge we can pass on. We are closely monitoring both the CDC website as well as any information from the NYC Department of Health as these are the best resources for reliable information. Arm yourselves with knowledge and stay safe. It's our duty to give you the peace of mind to keep you running - if you have any questions about Mile High's procedures, products, or extra protocols we are instituting in the face of COVID-19, just ask us.
See you on the tread soon and happy running!
-The Mile High Team