Fall MARATHON TRAINING
Get race ready with our NYC Marathon Training Program! Our 19-week fully customized group training program will have you feeling confident as you toe the line and feeling proud when you cross the finish line.
How are we gonna do that?
First, we'll learn about you as an athlete and human. Then a Mile High coach will build a plan that is challenging, yet achievable, and designed specifically for you to achieve your goals. While your plan will be customized for you, you won't be alone. You will have the support, camaraderie and accountability that comes with training alongside other runners who are working toward the same finish line.
A personalized training plan designed by experts and powered by group training— this is our proven formula to make you feel confident, prepared and ready on race day.
This training program is perfect for the NYC Marathon, Chicago Marathon, Philly Marathon or any other half marathon taking place in October/November.
Note: This program is not associated with NYRR.
- -Personalized 19 Week Training Program developed by your dedicated Mile High Coach based on your current abilities.Designed for your race and your goals. Begins 6/26 with 2 weeks of on-your-own base building. Group training begins 7/10.
- -Personal Coach who will act as your main point of contact throughout your training to answer any questions you may have and/or make any adjustments to your plan as needed
- -Access To Team Wide Training App: State of the art software to manage your plan throughout training. Syncs across platforms like Garmin, Strava, STRYD, etc., Provides workout and target zone analysis, and fosters collaboration / communication.
- - 19 Indoor Classes: 1 indoor class per week in case of inclement weather or if you are unable to make some of the outdoor runs.
- - 51 Outdoor Runs: 3 outdoor runs per week of group training
- 1) Mondays 7:00 PM - East River Track Session
- 2) Thursdays 7:00 AM or 7:00 PM - East River Track Session
- 3) Saturdays 8:30 AM @ UES Studio- Central Park Long Run with Pacers
- - Direct Access to Coaches for questions on running form and mechanics, race strategy, specific injuries, and/or individual training issues
- -Group Training The support, motivation + accountability of expert coaches and group training
- - 6-8 Pacers to support all levels and speeds
- - Educational Workshops
- - Exclusive Discount at Finish Line PT
- - Use of MHRC studio facilities, including showers, lockers and towels for all runs
- Price: $699 (a payment plan is also available - please carefully review details on the payment page.)
For more info, check out the FAQs below!
"This was my first race and I was SCARED! But my plan took all the guesswork out and everyone was super experienced and eager to help me throughout the program. I couldn't believe it, but I ACTUALLY did feel confident come race day."— Becky
Need to know
- 19 week, day-by-day training plan that can be tailored for any Fall Marathon in October/November.
- Price: $699 (payment plan is also available - please review details on the payment page)
- 6/19: Your 19 indoor classes will be added to your account so you can get a head start on your training
- 6/26: Program begins with 2 weeks of on-your-own base building— can be done anywhere you are
- 7/10: Group training officially begins
"This was my 2nd marathon, but my first time training with Mile High. I can't believe what a difference the program made, not only in my overall time (shaved 34 minutes off), but also the whole experience. The coaches and group training really kept me showing up and even looking forward to it."— Jayson
OUR PROVEN FORMULA
- A PERSONALIZED PLAN. DESIGNED BY EXPERTS. POWERED BY THE PACK.
- These are the 3 tenets of our proven formula to make you feel confident, prepared and ready on race day— and yes, you need all three!
- 1. Personalized Plan
- A cookie cutter plan you found on the internet does not take your goals, your history, or your condition into account. It does not take you into account. We do all that and then we design a day-by-day road map to take you from where you are to where you want to be. You and your goals aren't cookie cutter, your marathon training shouldn't be either.
- 2. Designed by Experts
- Not only will your training plan be specifically designed specifically for you, but you will have the support and expertise of world class run coaches, pacers and experts of the distance throughout your training. You are not training for a 5K, it is very likely that something comes up somewhere along the way. You can feel confident and secure that, from start to finish, you will have a team of experts able to adjust your program and get you to the finish line safely and effectively.
- 3. Group Training
- Studies show that athletes are more motivated, push themselves harder and are more likely to keep showing up when training with a group. Marathon training doesn't have to be a long and lonesome grind, it can be a meaningful and memorable experience of camaraderie and working toward a shared goal. And not only is it more fun that way, but it is actually more effective.
Q: CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE PROCESS AND HOW THE PROGRAM IS GOING TO WORK?
- When you sign up, you will receive a questionnaire that will ask you to provide details, such as your running/race history, current pace, goals, history of injuries, what race you’re doing, etc. Your coach will then use this information to craft a training plan specifically designed to take you from your current level to the goal you laid out for yourself. As the program progresses, he will continually adjust your training plan to ensure that it is still the right course of action for you.
- Each week, you will have three outdoor runs with the training group on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Mondays will be mostly dedicated to drills, form, and strength, while Thursdays will be dedicated to speed workouts. The Saturday long run varies depending on the miles you will be running that day, as well as the pace you are running. On the days you do not have an outdoor run with the group, you will have training to do on your own specific to you and your plan.
Q: I’M NOT AN ADVANCED RUNNER... MORE OF A “CASUAL RUNNER,” CAN I STILL DO THE PROGRAM?
- This program welcomes runners of all levels! The program will be tailored to your specific level and goal and we offer pacing groups up to 11:30 / mile. You will be sent a questionnaire upon signing up, which will help your coach design a plan for you to reach your goal. While we welcome all runners, we also assume a certain level of reality and expect that you will be willing to put the work in necessary to achieve your goal. In other words, you cannot take your training casually and expect to achieve an "advanced runner" goal.
Q: SHOULD I BE ABLE TO COMPLETE A CERTAIN MILEAGE TO SIGN UP FOR THE PROGRAM?
- We do not have a base mileage requirement. That said, in general, those that get the most out of past years' programs were able to run five miles continuously by week one.
Q: WHAT PACER TIMES WILL YOU OFFER?
- Our pacers will range from 8:00 to 11:30 minutes per mile. We will adjust pace groups as needed based on who is in the program.
Q: WHERE AND WHEN DO THE OUTDOOR RUNS MEET? HOW FAR WILL WE BE RUNNING?
- The runs will take place outdoors three times per week. The Monday sessions will meet at the East River Track at 7 PM with Coach Yusuf. On Thursdays, you have the option to join the AM or PM track sessions. Thursday AM sessions will meet at the East River Track at 7 AM with Coach Linda. Thursday PM sessions will meet at the East River Track at 7 PM with Coach Yusuf. The Saturday long run sessions will leave from our UES studio at 8 AM. You will receive a detailed email in advance of every run, outlining what your session entails, so you will never be taken by surprise and will be able to plan accordingly. Should you miss a session, we will adjust your plan not to impact your training.
Q: WHAT WILL THE OUTDOOR RUNS BE LIKE?
- You can expect the Monday and Thursday sessions to last for approximately 90 minutes. Mondays will be mostly dedicated to drills, form, and strength, while Thursdays will be dedicated to speed workouts. The Saturday long run varies depending on the miles you will be running that day, as well as the pace you are running. The sessions vary per week, but generally, you can think of it this way: on Mondays, we get strong, on Thursdays, we get fast, and on Saturdays, we go the distance and build endurance!
Q: WHAT IF I CAN’T MAKE ONE OF THE OUTDOOR RUNS?
- Should you miss a session, no need to worry, a substitute session will be recommended in the weekly email you receive.
Q: DOES THE PROGRAM INCLUDE INDOOR CLASSES?
- The program includes 19 indoor class credits. We recommend you use these credits when you can’t make one of the outdoor runs or when bad weather causes an outdoor session to be canceled. These class credits will be deposited into your account on 6/19 for those who pay in full. If you are selecting the payment plan please carefully read the payment and installment details on the purchase page for timing.
Q: I’M NOT VERY FAST, WILL I BE ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH THE GROUP FOR THE OUTDOOR RUNS?
- Our goal is to get you stronger first and then build the speed, so the pace isn’t the primary concern in the early days. We certainly try to accommodate all levels and runners and offer pace groups up through an 11:30-minute mile. Our pacers are really wonderful and will help you along your journey. ur training plans are formatted in such a way that you will quickly get up to speed!
Q: THIS IS MY FIRST RACE— I’M SCARED!!!
- It is totally natural to be nervous! The choice to run a marathon is an undertaking that requires enormous commitment, strength, and courage. That said, we guarantee that we will have you feeling 100% prepared for race day. Once you sign up, you will receive a survey to help your coach create a customized plan for you. Keep in mind that it is a working plan and can be adjusted as you progress in the program. Our goal is to get you to the starting line healthy, strong, and confident. You will be nervous and feel butterflies on race day, but you will also be extremely prepared and ready.
Q: I’M GOING TO BE AWAY THE FIRST WEEK OF THE PROGRAM (OR ON X DATE)— WILL I MISS ANYTHING CRUCIAL?
- Since your coach customizes each plan, you will have the opportunity to make him aware of your upcoming plans in your questionnaire. The plan is created for you to progress every week; that said, you will not have heavy mileage the first week, nor will the speed work be too aggressive. We will work with you and provide the necessary adjustments to your training throughout the program so that you do not suffer a setback.
Q: I’M SUPER BUSY WITH X AND DON’T HAVE TIME TO COMMIT TO 6 DAYS OF TRAINING EVERY WEEK — CAN YOU ADJUST THE PLAN FOR ME?
- We understand that time is one of the rarest commodities for all of us, but our number one concern is to make sure you show up on race day injury-free and 100% prepared. If you cannot commit to six days some weeks, then we can definitely work with that, but if you are unable to commit to six days every week, we would recommend a different program. Note: In total, your training plan will consist of six days of training per week. You will have three days of scheduled group runs, three days of on-your-own work and strength training, and one day of recovery.
WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?